Tuesday 19 July 2011

Welding Welding Welding

May and June 2011 were spent mostly getting the chassis fully welded, and grinding down the welds where aluminium panels sit against them.
The welding wasn't too bad, but the grinding got a bit tedious to say the least.  I'd say that stage is about 90% done now, there's still a bit of grinding left, and a couple of welds I've missed.
I also welded in the plates around the driver's footwell.
I had originally used 1mm plate for the section above the pedals, but ground it off and swapped it for 3mm as it was a bit wibbly wobbly, and wasn't going to support the steering column very well.
Here's a pic from the welding stage.  I didn't think about how much headroom I'd need in the garage, but luckily I had a couple of mm to spare:

No comments:

Post a Comment