Sunday 17 July 2011

And so it begins

I spent most of January 2011 clearing out and organising my garage.
Several trips to the tip later I had just enough space to start work in.
Mid January I found a second hand, but unstarted chassis flat-pack for sale on the Haynes forum.
The flat pack is basically all the tubes for the chassis frame cut to the correct lenght and angles, all ready to be welded together.  My particular pack had been put together by Handy Andy of Saturn Sportscars.
Handy was of great help, and sent me replacement parts that the previsous owner had 'mislaid'.

The first few days of Febuary were spent knocking up my build table:

This was constructed using a frame of CDS, and an 8x4 sheet of 25mm MDF for the top.
In hindsight I shouldn't have scrimped so much on the table, as it very quickly sagged and warped...

No comments:

Post a Comment