Thursday 7 March 2013

Front Indicators

Recently spent a couple of weeks fitting and wiring my headlights and front indicators.
That took a bit longer than I expected...







For the indicator extensions I went locost and used a metal tube from my old bed frame (I kept hold of a couple after dismantling it, thinking they'd come in handy for something!).

Rather than two individual extensions I went for a single tube running the whole width, with a couple of nuts welded into the end to screw the indicators into.
To hold it in place I just used sikaflex on the inside of the nose cone (and sikaflexed my front grill in place while I was at it).

Also fibreglassed some cable tie bases in to the nose cone to keep the wiring tidy.



I've changed the wiring slightly since I took the above photo so the wires for both indicators come out of the same hole in the tube, and both run down the side with the tie bases so I only have to disconnect the wires in one place to remove the nosecone.

No comments:

Post a Comment