Saturday 24 September 2011

Chassis Painting Prep

Today I have mostly been preparing my chassis for painting.
I started off earlier in the week cleaning the chassis using various wire brushes attached to my drill.
A bit of a tedious task!
After a tip off from another building I got a couple of these angle grinder paint remover attachments from halfords:

They didn't last long, but made light work of most of the chassis, reserving the wire brushes for the bits I couldn't reach with the grinder.
This morning I decided to degrease the whole chassis using a can of 3-in-1 degreaser, followed by a good clean with a pressure washer.

Once I'd degreased I finished off with the grinder/drill (I was probably half way through cleaning up the chassis when I degreased), then applied a coat of kurust.  A 250mm bottle was just enough to do the whole chassis:

The Kurust stuff is some kind of rust converter and for some reason turns the chassis purple!

This evenning I started the painting, but that's another blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment