Monday 29 August 2011

Chassis Progress

The last couple of weeks have been mostly spent fettling the chassis, grinding welds down where required and reworking some of the dodgier looking welds.
The chassis is getting close to being ready for painting now, and last week I purchased the paint to spur me on - a 2l pack of Epoxy Mastic 121 from www.rust.co.uk.
Last week I also added plates for the handbrake cable stop, and diff front mount.  I'm still not 100% sure how I'm going to mount the front of the diff, but the 6mm plate I added should give me a few options.






A while ago I applied for a VIN number from my local DVLA office.  One of the members on the Haynes forum very kindly machined it into a strip of 3mm steel for me:

I cut the front out of one of the chassis members (U6), and welded the plate in flush, then ground/sanded the edges down to blend it in:



No comments:

Post a Comment