Wednesday 23 January 2013

Rear wings and lights


Looks like I may have forgotten to update my blog for a while!
I've done a fair bit over winter since my last post, so will try to get back up to date.

Firstly I now have my rear wings and lights fitted.

I originally bought some cheap second hand wings off flea bay a long time ago, but when I finally got around to looking at them they had more damage than I was prepared to fix, so I bought a shiny new pair from Ex-Saturn Andy:



I fixed them to the chassis using about 8 rivnuts, bolts, and big slightly modified washers.
To fill the gap between the wings and bodywork I used some tadpole trim (which I think was sold for old minis).








The rear light clusters are supposedly Caterham ones, whatever they are they were nice and cheap and should do the job!

Reverse and fog lights are cheap universal ones made by 'RING'.
I still need to make some kind of wedge to set the fog at the correct angle.

The rear number plate light is a landrover one.

While I was at it I added a couple of rivnuts to the rear ready for the number plate.

As you can see in the pics above the rear lights are pretty much wired up.
Here's some more pics of the wiring to them in the rear tub:




No comments:

Post a Comment