Sunday 2 September 2012

Cooling System

Header tank is off an Polo.
Hoses are mostly ASH silicone one.  32mm for the big ones and 15mm for the heater ones.
I suspect I would have been better off using 30mm, as I've been having a nightmare getting the 32mm hoses to seal on the engine and radiator...





I've changed it around a little since these pics were taken, but this is more or less how I've routed it all.

EDIT:
I originally planned to block off the small outlet on the top of the polo radiator.
I also assumed the small outlet on the top of the expansion bottle was an over-pressure overflow.
It turns out it's not, so I decided to connect small outlet on the top of the radiator to it (which I think is how it's done in the Polo).
I used some left over copper pipe and hose from my fuel set-up and routed it down the left hand side of the engine bay:











1 comment:

  1. Hi, me again!

    I'm having trouble with my mx5 roadster as it overheats if left running standing still. What radiator did you use. The one I used is roughly the same size as yours but a lot thinner.

    Many thanks!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete