Friday 1 June 2012

Engine Re-build

Haven't had much time to spend on the Roadster lately, but have been slowly stripping the engine down as I have the odd 5 minute here and there.

I've now stripped the block as far as I'm going to, and I'm now ready to start putting it back together again!
I decided to leave the bottom end alone, as it felt fine when I drove the donor, and I can't detect the slightest bit of roughness or play when I rotate it by hand.
The bores also look perfect, and the piston rings appear to be sealing well.




While I was at it I decided to paint the sides of the block with a can of high temperature paint.  Not the best job in the world, but it'll do!
Did bother doing the front or back, as no one will see those once I put it back together :)
A mate of mine who's rather better with a can of paint than me has offered to paint the cam cover, so that should look pretty good at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment